I have long yearned to take a trip to Hoskins Drug Store in Clinton, TN. Hoskins has been open since 1930 and is an old fashioned drug store with a soda fountain and dry goods area. It has not been bought out or sold to one of the big drugstore chains. The counter and grill still serve up yummy food. Walking into this drugstore was like walking back in time. We went on a Saturday for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. On the way to the bathroom I passed by two old fashioned, wooden, telephone booths with benches. These are now used for storage but were delightful to see. I thought you might like to see pictures from a treasure here in east Tennessee.
They have two and four seater booths. We sat in a four seater and this was catty corner across from us:
And, on your "weigh" out you can take in a vintage weight scale. Ah, I loved visiting here!
Hi Vanessa, Oh, do I love Hoskins..been there many times. I just live a few short miles from Clinton. I go there often, to the antique shops. We just went on July 4th, I did a post about the antique shops in clinton, you can find it under my archives in July. Clinton, really is a neat little place, lots of things have changed in this world, but Clinton stays the same. Nancy
I missed the drugstore . I was just in Clinton a few days ago .I had never been there before. I hate I missed that drug store. I will just have to go back and hunt it . Have a blessed day .
Oh, I love it! My first job was at a Soda Fountain/Pharmacy on the court square.
ReplyDeleteHi Vanessa, Oh, do I love Hoskins..been there many times. I just live a few short miles from Clinton. I go there often, to the antique shops. We just went on July 4th, I did a post about the antique shops in clinton, you can find it under my archives in July. Clinton, really is a neat little place, lots of things have changed in this world, but Clinton stays the same. Nancy
ReplyDeleteWhat would my crown look like as WIENIE LOVER OF THE YEAR??
ReplyDeleteI'm so honored!
Hallie
Love your site! Thank you for sharing it with us. We also have a Soda Fountain/Pharmacy in our town. Those are great photo's.
ReplyDeleteCheryl
Thank you for all your support and prayers!
ReplyDeleteblessings,
kari & kijsa
I missed the drugstore . I was just in Clinton a few days ago .I had never been there before. I hate I missed that drug store. I will just have to go back and hunt it .
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day .