Mother called me and said that she had found a treasure for me. A
vintage glider! Yesterday, dear husband and I went to pick it up and I could hardly believe my eyes! The glider is aluminum with a darling pattern on the front. It also makes a bed! The cushions are in excellent condition and I just can't stop looking at it. I think it might be from the 1940's but really have no idea. The glider mechanism rolls on a graphite ball. If anyone has any idea on the origins of this piece please let me know. When we got home we placed it on the breezeway out back. Of course, a certain cat, Molly, that
thinks she owns the place had to check it out right as I was taking pictures. I am so tickled with the glider. Thank you Mom!
Hmmm, what did Mom and Dad bring home?

Yea, I will let the humans sit on it when I'm not.....

Mom has the camera out; how do you like my cute look?

I would have loved to camp out on this as a kid!

A different angle out on the breezeway.....
Lucky gal, that's really nice! I was thinking of a sleeping porch, from the olden days....lol...wouldn't that be nice.
ReplyDeleteDebrak
This is a beautiful piece, Vanessa. As Debra said, I could see it on a sleeping porch. Our new neighbors have a screened porch off the master suite. Great for sleeping.
ReplyDeleteI love vintage porch and lawn furniture.
Pat
Hi, Vanessa, thanks for stopping by for a visit. What a great glider, lucky you!
ReplyDeleteRhoda
Thanks for visiting my blog! I've really enjoyed reading yours--your cute pier 1 crafts storage bins, & new glider are great!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Stacey
Vanessa,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to thank you for your comments over at Rhoda's place! While you may want to spend the night in my house, I want to take a nap on your glider!!! Love it and the cute kitty cat who looks like he might have first dibs on the nap.
Love your wallpaper (is that what it's called?) on your blog. Very pretty! Great color! And I look forward to visting you again.
Cheers!
Sheila
Hi Vanessa, Thank you for coming by my blog to visit, you are always welcome! I love your glider!! Also, love that pet grooming sign, only in TN would you see something like that...I can say that you know!! So many times, we will be out and see something so crazy and I'll say to my husband, "Only in TN". It's nice to meet you and I will be back to visit again. Nancy
ReplyDelete