Friday, August 8, 2008

The Best Pizza Joint in East Tennessee! Big Ed's Pizza in Oak Ridge

If you find yourself in the greater Knoxville area and you like pizza do yourself a favor and head over to Oak Ridge. There is a Mom & Pop Pizza shop there that does one thing: Pizza. And oh boy do they do pizza right. They make the dough/crust and the sauce. They don't offer anything there to eat but pizza. They also don't take cards; cash only. The pizza joint is not big on fancy but it is an iconic local establishment. They've been in business since 1970 and have a lot of local sports memorabilia on the restaurant. Here are a few pictures from our evening there.

The restaurant isn't much to look at from the outside, nor is it in the "toniest" location:




Some interior shots:





This is the pizza making line. At one point there were 6 people making pizzas at one time.



And the finished product is so delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa, It has been years since I ate at Big Eds. It is gooooood! Oh, I meant to tell you, on the post about geraniums, I didn't see any dirt on that door!!!!LOL:) Talk to you later, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and appreciate each and every one.